Job title: Technician Level 3
Job description: V12460 Technician Level 3
Who is telent?
telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the rail sectors including Transport for London, Network Rail and many Train Operating Companies providing maintenance and management of our customers assets to ensure continued and reliable service is maintained for their critical communications infrastructure.
Working under the direction of the Duty Manager, the Level 3 Engineer will carry out maintenance activities on Global assets and communications systems to ensure effective restoration/repair of customer systems and ensure all associated processes and reporting requirements are followed
- At least 3 years combined Installation, Testing and Maintenance experience in one of the following Telecommunication/Communication Network System environments/products:
- London Underground / TOC / Network Rail Environment
- Public Address PA systems
- IP / CCTV Track to Train systems (RF), long line transmission of video Networks
- Telephony / Passenger Help points
- CIS displays
- SMS / SCADA systems
- LAN / WAN Networks
- Competent in the use of test equipment required to commission systems to specification.
- Computer literate, familiar with MS Office, Sharepoint, Teams
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence as will be required to drive company vehicles
- The job holder will be required to work from Pirin Court and attend customer premises in all weather conditions as part of a team on a 4 on 4 off day / night alternating shift pattern.
- There may be occasions, as the business deems appropriate for staff to work on other networks
- Thorough understanding of at least 3 system groups and able to undertake both planned and corrective maintenance activities
- Ability to fix faults from 1st principles when technical data is lacking
- Able to complete planned maintenance activities on communications systems against a defined schedule.
- Provide support / mentoring to colleagues
- Provide reports when dealing with complicated failures and be able to communicate effectively with wider team members and customers
- Must ensure compliance with all statutory regulations including the Health & Safety at Work Act.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Competent in the use of special tools & test equipment required to maintain systems to specification.
- Experience of working on LU, Network Rail, TOC’s
- Practical experience of safety and operational process/procedures in the rail environment.
- Knowledge of the legislative and technical standards applicable to the rail environment.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- ICI / Sentinel
- QAF54 / ERA
- First Aid
- Lift and Escalator
- Site Person in charge
- A positive can do attitude
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Approachable and Collaborative worker who enjoys helping others
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, competitive salary and benefits packages.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one – be quick and apply now!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 06:28:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!