Job title: Service Management Consultant
Job description: The job on offer
A Service Management Consultant is either a key resource in a team. They work independently or part of a team designing, developing and implementing Service Management and Service Integration deliverables, conducting research and performing analysis. The Service Management Consultant focuses on all of the ITIL service management lifecycle stages and all of its processes within an outsourcing bid, consulting assignment or an implementation. They are a recognised subject matter expert in one or more of the lifecycle stages or processes. They can be accountable and responsible for aspects of the overall delivery. They typically have DevOps and Agile experience/knowledge and understand the components of a Target Operating Model (TOM).
- Working as part of a team using our proven business change approach for implementing SI, you will use techniques like Service Maturity Assessment and requirements gathering to quickly capture the Service Integration vision and be able to articulate the business benefits with clients, during transition and transformation phases
- Participate in workshops and work streams as needed and work either on your own or within a larger programme team
- Work on transition and transformation programmes which result in the creation and activation of SIAM operating models
You will have the opportunity to:
- Undertake both internal and client facing consultancy including Information Technology (IT) service and governance reviews and health checks, trend analysis, benchmarking, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), compliance reviews and Service Improvement Programmes (SIP’s). This may be as a stand-alone project, during a bid or as part of an IT outsourcing transition or transformation.
- Provide ITIL service strategy advice and service design solutions to address service issues to both prospects and customers.
During implementations: –
- Assisting with the discovery process.
- Oversees specific/multiple work streams including managing resources and budgets; ensures ITIL aligned processes, procedures and work instructions are produced to required standard and are trained upon.
- Ensures any related service integration for services by multiple service towers and providers has been completed.
- Supports and delivers to the standard transition project mode
- ITIL certified
- Knowledge of IT service management tool suites, such as those provided by ServiceNow, HP, BMC and IBM Tivoli
- Experience of development of core service management processes and reporting, aligned to the ServiceNow, HP, BMC and IBM Tivoli IT service management tool suites
- Knowledge of DevOps tool suites, such as Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence
- Agile aware
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders; such as clients and internal team members;
- Project management skills to ensure all deliverables are on time, within budget and of high quality;
- DevOps experience/awareness
- Strong verbal and writing skills in order to effectively communicate information to clients and internal team members;
- Operational management/service delivery experience (customer and/or outsourcing environment);
- Experience of a number of service management tools such as ServiceNow;
- Strong analytical skills are needed to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details
Why Capgemini is unique
- We realise a Total Reward package should be move than just compensation. At Capgemini we offer range of core and flexible benefits and have a Peer Recognition Portal called Applaud.
- At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
- We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 22:40:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!