Job title: Senior Project Manager
Job description: Company Description
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
Working within the COO Project Management Office team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the successful delivery of within Inmarsat. The role will be required to own and manage projects from initiation to implementation helping to shape and drive multiple concurrent initiatives to deliver value to our customers.
- Project management using a mix of internal staff and 3rd party suppliers to successfully deliver projects in a matrix management environment
- Managing several concurrent highly visible, business critical projects in a fast-paced environment in line with Inmarsat Project Management standards
- Estimating and evaluating the availability of resources and allocating work based on the capacity of those resources
- Work with product owners to achieve a high level of performance and quality providing exceptional business value
- Work with subject matter experts to develop work package definitions, estimates and high level schedules
- Create and maintain a high-level program plan identifying cross project dependencies
- Ensure proper task allocation and percentage of allocation across resources
- Guide and coach team members and ensure they understand their roles, responsibilities and deliverables within the overall plan
- Drive collaboration and teamwork to execute the plan and monitor progress against the plan
- Carry out effective and proactive risk, issue & change management
- Organize and chair steering groups of senior management stakeholders to provide status reporting and assist with risk, issue & change management
- Provide accurate and timely status reporting to the COO Portfolio management
- Work as part of a wider team of project managers to collaboratively develop and continuously improve standard project governance process and procedures along with ongoing compliance
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Project management experience on medium/large scale projects
- Project Management qualification(s) (PRINCE 2/APM)
- Experience working with outsourced and internal delivery units
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with ability to build relationships with technical, business and senior management stakeholders
- Ability to produce project documentation – project charters, work breakdown structure, risk logs, change management etc…
- A high degree of organisation skill with excellent attention to detail
- A high energy level with a dynamic, positive and ‘can do’ style
- An ability to work under pressure against short timescales and provide solid results
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the telecommunication industry and related IT systems.
- Bachelors degree or technical diploma within a related field from an recognized post-secondary institution. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Formal IT project management experience, either in a consulting organization or in-house capacity
- Advanced knowledge of project management techniques and best practices, with certification as APM and/or PRINCE2 preferred. Agile experience and certification (PMI-ACP and CSM) are an asset
- Experience using Microsoft Project / MS Project Server
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 04:13:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!