Job title: Senior Cost Manager – Real Estate
Company: Turner & Townsend
Job description: Company Description
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Turner & Townsend has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cost Manager to join our Glasgow Real Estate team to help guide our clients and their professional teams on a number of exciting and iconic projects in Scotland.
You’ll have real desire and commitment to understand how the builders of the past put together their buildings, and what that means to modern contractors. You’ll be working on a day-to-day basis with leading conservators, architects and engineers to ensure that the client and contractor deliver the best value for money – advising all parties on the best solutions from a qualitative and commercial perspective.
We’re looking for individuals possessing a keen interest in this space with a good knowledge of construction, whether from a Main Contracting or PQS background; who possess an outgoing / collaborative approach.
Commission Management, to include:
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Inputting into value engineering
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
Experience and Skills
- A proven track record of delivering high quality cost management / quantity surveying services across the full project lifecycle
- Professionally qualified (RICS or similar)
- Degree or HNC level qualification
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritise more than one project at a time.
Company Values Statement:
We endeavour to create a work environment that reflects the culture of the company, and we encourage every member of our staff to embrace our commitment to be:
Professional, Quality Driven, Goal Orientated, Customer Focused, Continuously Improving, Flexible, Open & Integrated.
To become the leading global provider of professional services to the natural resources, infrastructure and property markets, rewarded for the value we create.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 06:55:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!