Job title: Project Technician
Company: Ex-Mil Recruitment
Job description: Project Technician (183jc) – Basingstoke + 30% Travel – Excellent Package
Our client is one of the leading companies in creating mission-critical communications solutions for public safety, transportation, utilities, natural resources, healthcare, and academic institutions and are now looking to recruit a Project Technician to join their expanding team.
You will be reporting to the Customer Fulfilment Manager and your role will be to be responsible for integration and implementation of their custom systems solutions within their client locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including, but not limited to, assessment of client needs, preparation of product specifications for development and installation.
- Serve as liaison between project management office, development engineering, manufacturing operations and the client’s technical staff.
- Participate in the design review process as required.
- Provide system level trouble shooting and technical skills with the highest degree of problem solving.
- Ensure accurate and timely system testing and recording of faults as required by the project.
- Carry out customer acceptance testing including but not limited to the FAT & SAT test document creation.
- Accurately maintain project and QA records.
- Provide technical expertise to the project manager and the ability to converse with the client, system sales, development engineering, and manufacturing to ensure the client’s expectations and technical requirements are met.
- Complete assigned tasks according to labour hour estimates and submit progress reports, both orally and in writing to the Project Manager.
- Manage all assigned tasks through successful completion.
- To accurately prepare training material specific to the delivered project/system.
- Required to perform the job functions in a safe manner.
- Manage on-site customer installations.
- Investigate, diagnose, report, and provide solutions to customer problems and/or escalates issues to management/ engineering as required.
- Provide reports of project status, progress made and areas of concern ensuring accurate records are maintained.
- Travel both internationally and domestically as required in performance of duties.
- Participate in a 24/7/365 “On Call” support schedule, providing “round the clock” support to their clients, involving being contactable outside normal working hours for periods when on call. (Once fully trained, it will be on a week on about five weeks off routine as there are 6 members of the team.)
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- For an external contract, write the system requirements specification (SRS) for the project.
- Support factory product test activities as requested.
- Investigate and repair returned products, including initial review/diagnosis, repair, and/or redirection of product to factory.
- Comply with and support all company policies, procedures, and processes
- Perform other duties as assigned by Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas: telecommunication computer networks, inclusive of desktop/server operating systems, analog/digital two-way radio and telephony, Layer 2/3 TCP/IP networking, and call taking systems for public safety, first responders and similar applications.
- Knowledge of Server 2012, 2014 & 2016, SQL, and Linux (CentOS) would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Proven history of taking accountability for own work and results.
- Demonstrated ability to form constructive opinions and defend them.
- Ability to identify all facets of an issue and generate a solution that takes downstream impacts into consideration. Ability to troubleshoot from different perspectives.
- Client-focused, with demonstrated experience and ability to be flexible with changing priorities, demands and requests. Demonstrated ability to identify root issues and resolve end-to-end.
- Shows initiative and willingness to take calculated risks. Shares opinions in order to reach optimal results.
- Demonstrated experience with Business Analysis tools, including strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Project. SharePoint; Excel Services, WorkFlow and other advanced features.
- Must possess and maintain valid Driver’s License; Must be able to drive as part of performing job duties.
- Must be willing and able to satisfactorily pass background checks as required, as entry to a customer site may be contingent, by contract, upon the employee passing a drug test and/or ongoing background screen.
- Good listening and problem-solving skills with ability to determine solutions to, and answer questions related to, moderately complex technical problems or issues.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with high level of initiative and self- motivation.
- Ability to think creatively and pro-actively.
- Deep-rooted customer service ethic.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness and ability to successfully pass a drug screen or other security screen as required by customer
- Good working Windows operating systems such as XP, 7, 8.1 & 10
- Prefer to have skills with critical communication systems; including land mobile radio, dispatch, telephony, IP network protocols, and call taking systems for public safety-first responders and similar applications.
- Certifications: CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Service Provider, CCNA Wireless, Network+, Security+, ITIL Foundations v3, or PMP.
- FCC GMR and/or HAM radio licenses preferred.
- IP data networking fundamentals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum two (2) years of recent and relevant experience in a similar type of role preferably deploying radio, telecommunications, IP networks or large-scale communications systems or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent expertise.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS ABOUT 30% TRAVEL IN THIS ROLE, BOTH IN THE UK AND OVERSEAS.
The ideal candidate would probably be someone from a strong IS/Telecoms background, up to JNCO level who is seeking to take their first step out into the commercial sector as ongoing training and development will be provides, as this is an entry level role within the team, and further opportunities to grow are assured for the right candidate.
In return they are offering a good starting salary, and an excellent benefits package where you start on 22 days leave, rising to 25 days after 5 years, plus Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Private Medical insurance, which you can add your family for a fee, as well as a company bonus scheme which is geared on team performance, personal performance and company performance.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
You need to be to apply for a vacancy.
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 22:48:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!