Job title: Project Manager
Job description: The project manager is accountable to the project board and ultimately the executive and has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis, within the constraints laid down by them.
We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Job title: Project Manager
Capita is looking for a Project Manager – Location Homebased
Reporting to the Head of Delivery, the role holder will be responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of a telecommunication project. The role holder will have the ability to understand and interpret business needs and requirements, make difficult decisions and understand any potential risks and repercussions of implementing changes. They will also manage and lead other members of the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- The project manager is responsible for managing the survey of secure sites which must be clearly detailed, and a full report supplied to pre-sales to enable a compliant cost model to be provided for sales. This will include a concise bill of materials and a scope of works to be built at time of survey by the surveyor.
- Day to day management of operations, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints.
- You will ensure that all project work complies with building and security regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements.
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
- Due to the secure nature of the sites, the project manager is responsible for ensuring all staff and visitors are security cleared and the site is aware of all changes. This will be done by liaising directly with the end client or the security department.
- The project manager must have full understanding of all MOD and MOJ installation practices and ensure these are followed at every opportunity. Any work identified as not to this standard must be logged and submitted immediately to the end client or their representative.
- Organise and chair weekly review meetings with Electranet project team.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum MOD SC clearance and willing to undergo DV clearance
- Minimum MOJ clearance and willing to undertake MET clearances
- Must hold SMSTS qualification
- 3 years minimum experience of working within the telecommunication environment as a project manager and experience as an engineer
- Full understanding of telecommunication copper networks to include Cat 5e and Cat 6 cabling
- Full understanding of telecommunication fibre networks to include multi-mode and single mode cabling
- Full understanding of telecommunication voice networks and BT cabling
- Full understanding of telecommunication civil installations and JSP604 standards
- Excellent communication skills
This role sits within the Capita Technology Solutions division working for Electranet within the secure services tower. The Business Unit is responsible for provision of telecommunication services to several secure government accounts. This role will drive consistent and excellent service across this tower into the end customer in line with the relevant service levels and ensure excellent quality and manage output, time and cost at a project level.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
[add information regarding assessment process, closing date, start date, contact email if applicable]
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Ringwood, Hampshire
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 06:58:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!