Job title: Principal Scientist – Protein Engineering
Job description: My client has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Scientist to head up a small team developing the next generation protein therapeutics at their R&D facility in Cambridge, UK.
As a Principal Scientist, you’ll be involved in the design, production and testing of complex therapeutic proteins including multi-specifics and fusion proteins using state-of-the-art methodologies.
As a small dynamic biotech company that works from concept to clinic, my client offers a great opportunity for you to make a real difference by progressing innovative proteins rapidly through the pipeline.
As Principal Scientist, you will:
- Bring extensive protein engineering experience to the design of the next generation of protein therapeutics.
- Act as lead scientist and project leader on both pipeline and platform projects.
- Initiate and execute innovative research leading to the discovery of solutions to complex protein engineering challenges.
- Support projects across the company with novel modalities (including bispecific, multispecific and fusion proteins) to deliver efficacious and develop-able drugs.
- Collaborate both within the company and externally to ensure we’re at the cutting edge of protein engineering for biologic drug discovery.
- Management of a small team of experienced scientists responsible for their development and the delivery of work through the team.
To be considered for the role of Principal Scientist, you will have:
- Significant – 8 years plus – experience in protein engineering for drug discovery, demonstrated by delivery of therapeutic proteins to the clinic or high-impact publications.
- Experience of working with novel modalities (e.g. bispecifics, multi specifics, fusion proteins, immune cell engagers or ADCs) is a prerequisite to be successful in this role.
- You will be an acknowledged expert in advanced protein therapeutic discovery platforms such as in silico discovery, mammalian display or machine-learning data-driven approaches.
- Prior line management experience is highly desirable for this role.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 07:16:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!