Job title: Peter Millar & G/Fore – Inventory and Planning Manager (Based in Milton Keynes)
Job description: “We believe that every moment is an occasion.
Our mission is to create clothing that adds possibility to everyday”
Peter Millar & G/Fore – Inventory and Planning Manager
(Permanent Full Time – Based in Milton Keynes)
HOW WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
The Inventory and Planning Manager for Peter Millar & G/FORE will be responsible for developing inventory and merchandise plans to meet business objectives for Peter Millar UK Ltd.’s Wholesale business channel. This role will collaborate with multiple groups across the organization (Design and Merchandising, Production, Operations, Finance, Sales and Customer Service) to establish processes for planning customer channel strategy, with a goal of meeting financial and inventory turnover targets. This role will also be responsible for maintaining inventory levels on seasonal and essential basis and managing the product life cycle on these products. The ideal candidate for this position will be extremely organized, detail oriented and have a history of supporting wholesale businesses.
- Develop seasonal sales plans for all Wholesale channels and translate financial plans into merchandise plans for Open To Buy construction
- Maintain a rolling seasonal forecasts to monitor seasonal sell thru
- Maintain demand plans to balance inventory levels in season and manage product lifecycle and create purchasing decisions based off demand and supply plans
- Work closely with the Peter Millar & G/FORE planning teams to align on seasonal buys and reorder opportunities
- Present seasonal Open To Buy purchase plans to management for approval prior to placing factory orders
- Communicate wholesale channel needs to PMUK Managing Director to inform SKU plan development needs
- Ensure alignment of merchandise buy plans, budgets, sales forecasts, and other business goals to achieve financial targets.
- Work with the sales teams regarding event needs, and other inventory concerns to resolve issues or advise strategy
- Utilize Demand Plans & Supply Plans to maintain weekly reviews of current season and future season open to sell units, monitor when inventory is running low and identify reorder opportunities
- Collaborate with customer service and marketing on the RepSpark load process for style coding, image upload, colour story sheet creation, and PDFs for product promotion
- Manage inventory reporting for all wholesale channels. This includes, but is not limited to, providing analysis to the PMUK management team to communicate business trends
- Establish regular review of KPIs – sales, margin, turnover, sell-thru and inventory – and react to changes in demand and logistics
- Track lifecycle of all seasonal products
- Communicate wholesale markdown timing per channel, territory distribution restrictions and style/colour listings to key stakeholders
- Following each end of season, work with operations, sales and off price partners to clear excess inventory
- Maintain stock levels on all Essential Key Items within the product catalogue
- Lead the monthly buy process on Essentials by consolidation of demand plans across all channels to determine global demand and make buys accordingly to maintain stock levels and turn rate
- Plan capacity at external factories based on future macro business trends
- Actively listen, engage and respond to business partners and leadership
- Perform ad hoc analysis based on historical performance by channel, region, product category, price point, etc.
HOW WILL YOU EXPERIENCE SUCCESS WITH US?
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Analytical with an ability to balance financial targets with qualitative business goals
- Ability to adapt to highly entrepreneurial, fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively direct work across all levels of business affecting the forecast process
- A proven track record of continuous improvement in business practices
- Exceptional communication skills and time management
- Ability to solve problems and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Relevant inventory planning experience – preferably with a consumer brand
- Apparel knowledge and luxury brand experience is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of forecasting software related to demand planning is a plus
HOW DO WE KEEP YOU SMILING?
As a significant member of the Peter Millar brand, you are also part of a much bigger community at Richemont. We strongly believe in internal development, mobility and offering various opportunities to enhance both your personal and professional development.
YOUR JOURNEY WITH US:
We aim to provide a valuable recruitment process, allowing you to gain exposure to some key decision makers and influencing individuals:
1st Stage – After your application has been selected, our recruitment team will contact you within 2 weeks to conduct an introductory call
2nd Stage – Interview with the Managing Director for Peter Millar
3rd Stage – Interview with the Senior HR Manager for Richemont
LEARN MORE ABOUT LIFE AT RICHEMONT AND PETER MILLAR BELOW:
- CONNECT WITH US
LEARN MORE ABOUT LIFE AT RICHEMONT AND OUR MAISONS BELOW
- Copy url to clipboard
Location: Milton Keynes
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 04:39:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!