Job title: People and Participation Experience Coordinator
Job description: Our organisation
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey & North-East Hampshire. We deliver high quality care across our 140 services and we employ over 2,500 staff serving a population of 1.3 million. Our services are provided in community settings, hospitals, and residential homes.
Our mission and values “For a better life”
- Treat people well
- Create respectful places
- Be Open, Honest, Accountable
- Involve not ignore
We provide a comprehensive range of services including in the community and hospital settings: talking therapies, mental health services for adults, children and adolescents, drug, and alcohol, learning disability, eating disorder, Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder clinic, forensic and other mental health.
To view our latestCQCreport please click on the link provided in this advert in the Further Links section.
Surrey and Borders Partnership are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated People and Participation Experience coordinator to join their busy team on a fixed term contract, covering maternity leave.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the trusts feedback platform, which includes the Friends and Family Test, ensuring that we are receiving adequate responses and reporting to staff on the data. They will also work closely with the Carers Lead for the trust to engage and involve Carers in decision making and improvements.
The candidate will be required to work self-sufficiently at times but also as part of a team and build relationships with other staff members and healthcare professionals across the organisation. They will need to be organised and able to response to changing priorities and deadlines appropriately.
- To manage all communications and administrative tasks in relation to carers, FoCUS and patient experience. FoCUS is our Trust’s Forum of Carers and people who use our Services who ensure that the voices of people who use services and carers are actively involved in helping us improve services. Each local area has a FoCUS Rep and local meeting which reports into our Trust’s FoCUS Committee.
- To manage our internal website and any related communications for Staff Carers.
- To arrange all meetings for Carers, FoCUS and patient experience, including coordinate the invites, papers and minutes.
- To coordinate Patient Experience reports and Carers related reports, collating the information required from different members of staff into the appropriate report and inputting patient experience data as and when required.
- To coordinate the Carers Induction Training, ensuring that facilitators are available and build on own capability/knowledge to be able to also deliver the training.
- To manage our patient experience data platform, including the Friends and Family test, liaising with the provider regarding any changes required to the surveys and to provide training to the organisation on accessing the patient experience platform.
- To support the Trust Carers Lead/Head of Participation, Experience and Improvement with organising and managing meetings, conferences and training events.
You will have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of database/spreadsheet management
- Experience of working in the NHS and/or in a mental health environment
- Experience of prioritising and managing own workload to meet tight deadlines
- Experience of co-ordination and planning of improvement projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of reporting and presenting to teams
New Trust Carers Lead post- to drive forward how the organisation learns from carer experience and to ensure the Trust involves carers at heart of everything we do.
- NHS Agenda for Change pay scale band x including 5% high cost area supplement
- Excellent career development and learning opportunities
- NHS Pension: employer’s contribution14.38%from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car Scheme: tax saving up to £6,000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership
- Generous annual leave and sick pay
- NHS discount with some retailers via blue light card
- Flexible/Agile Working to help meet work/life balance
Other benefits include:
- As an organisation we value equality and diversity and have active BAME, Disability and LGBTQ+ staff networks
- Salary sacrifice schemes to purchase a bicycle or brand new car
- Employee Assistance Programme
Surrey is recognised as having many areas of outstanding beauty and is well known for its countryside. It is well serviced by excellent rail and road network links, as well as being within proximity of two of London’s main airports, Heathrow and Gatwick. The team base is just off the M25 and there is easy access to London and the coast. Surrey has many attractions for children and families. The county also has excellent schools within the area, making it the perfect place to live and work.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please note that all salaries shown are based on whole time of 37.5 hours per week for non-medical roles and 40 hours per week for medical roles, part time roles are pro-rated accordingly.
The Trust aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee is unfairly disadvantaged on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status/civil partnership, religion/belief or trade union status. The Trust is committed to the employment and career development of people from ethnic minority backgrounds and people with disabilities.
The Trust would encourage applications from people who have experience of using Mental Health & Learning Disability Services.
We reserve the right to close this post early should we be overwhelmed by applications. Please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process. If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please do not hesitate to contact us to make an offline application within the original timeframe.
Existing work permit holders should be aware that if the post they are applying for is a promotion or with a different Trust, a new work permit application will have to made. We are unable to guarantee the outcome of the decision of the Home Office.
Since October 2017 all of our premises have been smoke free.
Please ensure you read the person specification as your application will be judged against this.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order (as amended) and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ( ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Expected salary: £23676 – 26126 per year
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 23:57:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!