Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Job description: Are you looking for a new role as a Mechanical Design Engineer? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
As the Extrusion and Food Process Engineer, you will be the first member of the Bioprocess Engineering group that will be responsible for the design and implementation of our clients first-of-its-kind manufacturing processes and facilities.
This position will design, build, test, and scale-up mechanical process equipment for cold extrusion and other specialty process applications. The role will require a strong background in machine design with the ultimate goal of deploying this equipment in our future commercial-scale manufacturing facilities and bringing strategic differentiation to our production platform.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, with a business that also offers lots of other benefits that will make you feel truly at home whilst at work.
- Identify and define process and system requirements by understanding and challenging product formulation and processing assumptions with the aim of implementing robust unit operations and increasing overall operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Partner with internal and external teams to solve technical challenges and identify opportunities for process improvement and cost savings
- Managing relationships with strategic partners, engineering firms, equipment vendors and technology partners
- Specify project scope, timelines, resourcing and budget needs
- Develop project capital requirements and objectives through creation of proposals and plans with breakdown structures (WBS)
- Track and complete projects by managing schedules, costs and specifications
- Some travel may be required to collaborator and manufacturing sites
- Additional ad hoc duties as required by the company
- Ability to apply mechanical engineering principles and computer-aided methods to machine design and fabrication
- Mechanical aptitude and comfortable with working directly on mechanical equipment
- Efficient Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of experimental and characterization/validation data
- Understanding of aseptic techniques and control of microbial contamination
- Ability to partner cross-functionally on proprietary process technologies, while also developing and leveraging successful external contacts and relationships
- Project engineering and management
- Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative and creative thinking and willing to challenge established methods and beliefs
- Self-starter with a strong bias for action and ability for problem-solving and trouble-shooting
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 07:20:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!