Job title: Maintenance Operations Centre Engineer (MAINTROL ENGINEER)
Job description: Job Description:
Airbus – Brize Norton
Our Team at Brize Norton are part of the UK Air Mobility Forces on the UK, working alongside C130, C17 and Voyager platforms worldwide. During COVID we were on the UK Government’s critical personnel key worker list for ‘public safety and national security’, as the service that we provide is critical to the delivery of key Defence outputs and essential to the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our contract with the MOD states we will provide a continuous service to cover on a 24 hours, 7 days a week and 365 days a year to the Royal Air Force, to maintain and ensure airworthiness of their fleet of aircraft at home and overseas.
Our services include both direct and indirect functions which all work together to provide the airworthiness total service – including maintenance planners; licenced line maintenance engineers; technical services including structures and systems specialists; logistics; facilities management; security; and health and safety etc.
We Are Making A Difference
During COVID-19 we saw an increase in our services during the health crisis including transportation of patients to hospital from remote locations around the country and our services have increased throughout the pandemic. The service that we provide has been highlighted in the media and included a mention in the Prime Minister’s daily update, after we were involved in flying a patient with COVID-19 from Shetland Islands to Aberdeen hospital.
The evacuation of Kabul (Op PITTING), saw us playing a vital role, deploying aircraft to Theatre and maintaining their availability from start to finish.
Today we are continuing to supporting UK deployments across the World on many Operations and Exercises, such as in the Baltic Air Policing tasks, Middle East, Falkland Islands and Africa sustained deployments, as well as conducting urgent tasks in real-time, such as medical evacuations.
Maintenance Operations Centre Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Operations Centre Engineer to join the Atlas Integrated Operations Centre (AIOC) for Airbus Defence and Space – Airbus Atlas Support Centre UK based at RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire.
Working under the supervision of the MOC Team Leader and reporting directly to the Head of AIOC, you will be responsible for ensuring that Team Atlas meets its commitments regarding the fleet availability required to achieve the Flying Programme.
You will provide a single point of contact for the deployed fleet, providing technical and scheduling advice and to receive incoming requests and aircraft serviceability state.
This is a 4 on 4 off shift rotation, alternating days / nights, with each shift period being of 12 hours duration commencing at 0700 or 1900 hrs.
All applicants must be capable of achieving a full UK Security Clearance (UKSC)
MOC Engineer Tasks and Accountabilities
- MOC are the focal point at the heart of the Operation, empowered to make decisions and with clear escalation pathways to ensure continued operations.
- You will report serviceability states of the forward fleet on a company and customer level by means of distributed status reports.
- You will drumbeat the recovery of AOG aircraft at MOB and Deployed
- You will liaise with other AIOC team members to ensure that aircraft are quickly and effectively recovered. These include Logistics, Fleet Tasking and Availability Management and Short Term Planning.
- The Minimum Operational & Safety Equipment List (MOSEL) and Acceptable Deferred Faults (ADF’s) shall be logged and continuously monitored to ensure any Calendar/Hours/Cycles limitations are not exceeded, and that any operational restrictions are notified to FTAM.
- You will maintain communication with the Pt.145 Line Supervisors WRT serviceability states and readiness levels at Main Operating Base (MOB)
- You will monitor the co-ordination and progress of aircraft, man power, spares and facilities for tasks accomplished by the Part 145 maintenance organisations and the scheduled accomplishment of all routine maintenance tasks, including the requirement for specialist facilities or working parties, providing escalation pathways as issues are identified.
- In the event of a significant change to the available fleet or AOG situation, the MOC Engineer shall immediately inform the HO AIOC, if out of office hours the Duty Airbus Exec, DEOC, RAF DExO, FTAM and liaise with the Part 145 maintenance organisation to assist with the recovery of the aircraft by means of conference calls or ‘Tiger Team’ meetings.
- In the event of a major incident, you shall enact the Business Continuity Plan and the RAF Crash and Disaster Plan until relieved by a senior responsible person
- The MOC Engineer shall also liaise with external resources and or Spares/Tooling as may be necessary to achieve a fast, safe and economic recovery and return of the aircraft to service
- RAF Stakeholders (DExO, DEOC) shall be informed of any delays, change of tasking details WRT airframe swaps or cancellations at the earliest convenience by call and email.
- You will provide out of hours cover with regards to raising in service event reports (ISER’s), notices to crew, Fleet Tasking prioritisation, receiving Technical Queries and requesting AMTAC technical assistance for Work Stop or AOG situations.
- You are approved to raise, register and manage applications for Concessions rectification, interval extension and aircraft cannibalisation.
- The designated MOC Engineer shall provide deployed operational status information via the Daily Ops Brief and the Daily Escalation Brief
- The MOC Engineer shall provide Daily Operational Priorities for Team Atlas
- On completion of each shift the out-going MOC Engineers shall verbally brief the in-coming shift with any pertinent events on going, recently resolved and/or imminent problems which may have an impact on the operational fleet task lines.
- Providing Airbus Senior Leadership Team (SLT) stakeholders with required KPI data as and when required.
- Maintaining Competence levels in line with continued development activities of the organisation and evolution of the aircraft
Skills & Experience
- Ideally hold either an EASA PT.66 engineers licence or be able to demonstrate relevant experience and competence
- Knowledge of SFAR-88, EWIS and Human Factors.
- Be proficient in the use of the appropriate Communication and Information systems (Sharepoint, Q-Pulse, MDS, local databases etc.)
- Knowledge of Airbus systems and platforms are a real advantage
- Fluent (native) spoken and written English is essential
- Some military aviation experience is useful but not essential
In return we can offer a competitive remuneration package; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Company: Airbus Operations Limited
Contract Type: Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Experience Level: Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Job Family: Customer Flight/Mission & Ops Support
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to .
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire
Job date: Fri, 13 May 2022 22:14:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!