Job title: Logistics Transport Admin Assistant
Company: Newstaff Employment Services
Job description: Job Description
Logistics & Transport Admin Assistant.
37.5 per week, sometime between the hours of 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
To carry out various administrative duties within Logistics, as instructed by the Manager or Section Head staff members.
Role Accountabilities and Main Duties:
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls and emails.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Go the extra mile to engage customers.
- Organise servicing and maintenance of vehicles.
- Take responsibility for planning driver routes based upon new customer call, missed collections, existing collections.
- Route vehicles in a cost efficient manner.
- Liaise with customer and internal team with regards to deliveries and collections.
- Acquire vehicle registrations and transportation permits when needed.
- Acquire customs documentation when required.
- Process paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that all work areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Un-load, sort, stock, and package orders.
- Stock-take, order and manage inventory.
- Prepare deliveries for dispatch.
- Inspect goods and products received for breakages or damages.
- Communicate effectively within the work place.
- Work with Logistics colleagues to deal with any tasks delegated and react to requirements as they arise.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Management team which are deemed reasonable and within capability.
Health & Safety:
- Ensure that all works are carried out to the standards laid out in the Quality Manual and Health & Safety Manual.
- Take responsibility for own Health & Safety whilst working within the sample preparation department.
- Report any bad practises that you may witness to the Site Manager or Quality Manager.
These duties are by no means exhaustive and should not be interpreted as a complete definition of the role.
- Good telephone manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Efficient and able to work to deadlines.
- Close attention to detail
Expected salary: £50 – 11 per hour
Location: St Albans
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 22:20:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!