Job title: Logistics Specialist
Company: Rapiscan Systems
Job description: Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud. We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low, medium, and high-energy X-ray technology or multiple X-ray technologies to address each customer’s unique security application requirements. Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
Overview of Role
The post holder will provide Logistics and freight sourcing management input to Rapiscan UK Detection sites as directed by Line Manager for all UK finished goods, spares and service requirements, working closely with project management, engineering, quality, supply chain and production departments to deliver the best total cost / quality solution. Provide the business with market intelligence to support functional and Business level strategic and operational planning. Establish strategic and tactical elements to freight and logistics and act as lead, mentor and facilitator in the development or cascade of Supply Chain and Business Quality Management Objectives cross-functionally.
Manage critical supply relationships and strategies as agreed with line management. Provide performance metrics and lead improvement initiatives as required.
This above will be accomplished through but not limited to :
- Active participation as Logistics lead to UK BU’s.
- The implementation and use of a cohesive selection and evaluation process for all current and new logistical / freight suppliers as required to support Key Performance Indicators tied to overall strategic goals of the company
- The development and growth of strategic supplier agreements for freight / logistics suppliers to Rapiscan UK.
- Responsible for leading policy and developing a strategy to deliver year over year savings
- Establishing performance management criteria for the category and suppliers including benchmark costs.
- Lead the development of negotiating strategies that could include working collaboratively with Rapiscan or other OSI BU’s.
- Review, develop and implement processes and procedures necessary to ensure effective selection, maintenance and development of Rapiscan freight/logistics suppliers.
- Responsible for the continuous Improvement of inbound and outbound freight
- Coach and mentor all members of the supply chain team in respect to this commodity in particular Import-Export Compliance.
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations to meet customer demands and expectations
- Monitor cash flow by working with finance to arrange the payment terms and methodologies for exchanging funds across entities within the supply chain.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base of Rapiscan long-term business and market needs.
- TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) Awareness and Analysis, this will include identifying factors beyond acquisition price: cost of warranty, inventory, and transportation.
- Service supply as per business requirement (to specification, to cost, on time / in full).
- Total Cost reduction including reporting of Material Price / Service Cost Variance and benchmaking.
- Import/Export Compliance including definition of requirements and documentation support
- Transactional accuracy / timeliness
- IncoTerm compliance
- Compliance with competency profiles and personnel development plans
HND Level Education
Formal Logistical or Supply Chain professional qualification/experience
Good understanding of Import/Export Compliance and IncoTerms
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
Location: Salfords, Surrey
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 06:02:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!