Job title: Logistics Lead
Company: Project People
Job description: Role: Logistics Lead
Type: Contract until July 2023
Location: Reading (Hybrid)
We are looking for an experienced Logistics lead who will support and lead the Forward & Reverse Site Logistic requirements relating to Network Rollout (NRO) of our telecom client.
Collaborating with the overall supply chain and project management organisations the role will involve the planning and management of the Forward & Reverse Site Logistic services needed to secure an efficient delivery process and a timely customer acceptance across the BCQA and DICI phases of the site delivery life cycle.
This role will include making sure work is executed as per the project requirements and will act as a point of contact for Logistic activities towards,
- Customer Delivery Organisation,
- Third Parties instructed by client
- Onshore Project and Supply Organisation
- Offshore Project Organisation
The role is primarily to provide services relating to the DICI of LTE & 5G RAN solutions but may also include In-Building, Infrastructure and Antenna line solutions and any build materials as required dependent upon the nature of the project.
This role is suited to candidates with a background in Logistics and equipment delivery within NRO RAN swap projects.
High level Scope:
Implementation Manager (delivery) – Main driver with design for any presales work for specific customer contract, Management of EGI scope and activities, Process and tools continual improvements, weekly and monthly reporting on outbound volumes, management of last mile logistics & changes, inbound logistics support and awareness. Manage any required gating and SID (site install documentation) changes via appropriate depts/channels including any workaround solutions.
- Responsible for the delivery of Logistic services for the deployment of equipment from site instruction through to site acceptance.
- Organise and coordinate the forward and reverse site Logistic services, ensuring that they are delivered in line with the contractual requirements.
- Manage client’s Third parties to deliver Logistics services through a controlled program of works ensuring that all services are undertaken to budget and within SLA.
- Inventory and replenishment Management in line with project guidelines.
- Management of operational delivery spares to cover short shipments and Dead on Arrivals (DoA’s)
- Ensure Delivery critical metric measures are in place and continually reported on.
- Act on important metric issues by investigating and implementing corrective actions
- Translation of customer documentation and process guides into specific Logistic guidelines to support the rollout activities.
- Participate in Customer meetings and issue associated reports.
- Actively handle Logistic issues or dependencies throughout the delivery cycle that may impact the commencement or acceptance of a site deployment.
- Ensure Logistic services comply with all Health & Safety and any other applicable legislative requirements (and any changes to these requirements).
- Ensure relevant information is maintained in the project tools and that all documentation is handled in a structured manner and uploaded to the required repositories.
- Assessment of Customer Change Requests (CCR’s)
- Drive use of Global methods and technology solutions to maximise delivery efficiency.
- Experience in Logistic services within a NRO RAN Swap project environment.
- Stock Management Principles
- Planning and organisation skills for large projects.
- Experience in managing third-party suppliers in the delivery of Logistics services.
- Commercial awareness and experience of delivering to budgets.
- Excellent leading and supervising skills combined with an ambitious mindset.
- Effective communication and facilitation skills.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Flexible with the ability to deal with change and ambiguity
- Experience in tackling challenges with perseverance to overcome multiple obstacles.
- Radio Product knowledge
- Proficient IT skills eg MS Office and workflow concepts
Degree Level in Technical Discipline or Relevant Technical Experience
If this looks interesting, click on APPLY!
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Job date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 07:35:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!