Job title: Living Wage Analyst
Job description: Job Description
Living Wage Analyst
Reports To: Living Wage Lead
Team: Primark Cares
Location: Reading or Dublin
Job-Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Purpose of the Role:
As Living Wage Analyst for Primark Cares, you will be responsible for supporting the integration of financial resilience into Primark’s Product and Sourcing teams and ensuring Primark teams engage with relevant stakeholders to deliver requirements. You will do this by driving internal iniatives such as supplier prioritisation, purchasing practices and wage tracking. The key success factor of Primark’s work on Living Wage is ensuring the targets are embedded into the day-to-day operations of our Buying, Merchandising, Design, Quality and Sourcing teams.
Forming part of the People Pillar of the Primark Cares programme, this role will be integral to the success of key commitments including Creating Financial Resilience of the People and Improving People’s Lives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Support the integration of financial resilience into Primark’s Product and Sourcing teams and ensuring Primark teams engage with relevant external stakeholders
- Support the RACI process for identifying the specific roles and responsibilities for successfully embedding living wage and ACT into the day-to-day activity of relevant internal roles (e.g improving purchasing practices, establishing new KPIs, attendance at specific ACT work groups, etc)
- Ensuring multiple internal stakeholders are actioning their specific deliverables and reporting progress through to the People Pillar working group.
- To develop and maintain comms channels and engagement with buying, sourcing, finance, merchandising, ethical trade and the ABF CR hub
- Benchmarking Primark’s current approach on living wage against industry best/recognised practice
- Support with the delivery of training programmes on industrial relations and collective bargaining to key internal team members to raise their knowledge on this subject.
- Provide technical expertise on collective bargaining and worker representation.
- Own the relevant relationships with key NGOs and unions with respect to living wage such as IndustriALL
- Provide technical expertise to the buying, sourcing, merchandising and finance teams in order to successfully rollout the revised purchasing practices
- Monitor the use of the financial resilience section of Primark’s scorecard and support the integration of financial resilience into supplier effectiveness
- Assist in communicating Primark’s success stories on financial resilience
- Support the ethical trade teams on issues management with respect to financial resilience
- Be an Ambassador for Primark Cares externally
- Represent Primark at ACT and other MSIs such as ETI
- Work closely with CR Hub to leverage advocacy and technical knowledge.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, with demonstrated experience supporting sustainability programmes in a large organisation.
- A proven track record of leading successful collaborative projects internally
- In-depth knowledge and technical expertise of wages and manufacturing at a global level
- In-depth understanding of ACT collaboration and purchasing practise commitments, in order to represent Primark and drive industry-wide collective bargaining agreements.
- Experience in engaging a wide range of stakeholders and industry collaborations
- Good understanding of operations in a commercial HO retail business with a global supply chain
- Able to deliver through others whilst creating a foundation and framework for the business
- Optimised the technical skills and expertise within Primark to deliver key activities for each target
- Comfortable representing different viewpoints and perspectives in order to get the best solution for the business, suppliers and workers
- Not afraid to challenge thinking in order to drive new ways of working
- Is tenacious and focused on the execution of actions to meet Primark Cares commitments and energises others to do so too
- Strategic thinker able to see the bigger picture and able to take a long-term view
- Highly creative and innovative whilst also being able to determine practical solutions
- Leads and manages issues which are complex and often unprecedented
- High level of interpersonal skills enabling understanding of the operating styles of main contacts, in order to adapt approach to influence and build positive relationships
- Compelling communicator who inspires positive action from a wide range of stakeholders
- Comfortable with and sensitive to cultural diversity
- Adapts to audience and stakeholders, especially externally i.e. suppliers, unions and civil society
- Determined and drive to deliver the most effective solutions with a focus on continuous improvement
- Role models positive leadership behaviours and drives a culture of trust, openness and inclusivity across the team
- Manages complexity and navigates ambiguity with a desire to achieve clarity for all stakeholders
- Self-starter with tenacity and resilience
- Shows discretion and able to manage sensitive data in an ethical and confidential manner
- Operates with unquestionable integrity
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 06:06:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!