Job title: Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Edwards Ltd
Job description: Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more.
We´re everywhere! Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow.
Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning. Interested in being part of our team?
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Lead Manugacturing Engineer
To provide manufacturing engineering skills to the assigned cross-functional team with an emphasis on promoting Design for Manufacturing techniques for the next generation of products and to ensure a successful transition from design into manufacture. To be responsible for estimating Product costs and ensuring that deviations to target are highlighted. To liase with other departments to gain a full understanding of product requirements and to represent the interests of Manufacturing Engineering. To further promote the adoption of best-in-class design for manufacture techniques and put in place plans to roll these out.
Main Duties & Key Skills
- Participate in all relevant Project meetings. Represent Manufacturing Engineering interests at all DFMEAs and lead PFMEAs and ensure good engineering practices are adopted in all cases. Report on product cost aspects at Project review meetings and present data to show how the desired product cost will be achieved including cost assumptions and risk percentages. Develop and encourage best practice for component selection from a supply chain point of view.
- Support the adoption of new parts, including: coordinating the Sample Approval Process for new parts, assigning and creating the SAP Material Master including all alternatives, agreeing the logistics supply chain and handover to procurement.
- For externally manufactured parts ensure design reviews are held with suppliers to ensure optimum design. Assist in supplier selection where a suitable existing supplier does not exist including SESPA. Generate JDAs & NDAs where required. Manage procurement and loan agreements around Tooling.
- Facilitate product handovers to Operations personnel for all prototype and pre-production builds working with Cell Engineers to agree cell layout requirements, establishing the costs of any changes required and submitting capital expenditure proposals. Work with the Operations personnel to identify methods where handovers could be smoother and put in place process improvements to optimise. Ensure all CRWs are submitted and completed, Review GRA and modify if required.
- Agree initial build concept with the operations and design teams and creating the BOM, enter and maintain the BOM and routings with agreed assembly times on the SAP system. Generate and approve cost simulations to confirm product costs. Make recommendations to optimise the assembly process and measure effectiveness of improvements.
- Prepare SOPs for all new products, publishing and maintaining SOPS as design changes occur. Organise prototype build with shopfloor personnel, agreeing and documenting the optimum build sequence. Review effectiveness in the generation of SOPs and look for ways to automate processes and eliminate errors in the build process building on a program of continuous improvement. Manage change management EC, ECD & Preprod mod for project. Responsible for build control records for prototype items.
- Be accountable for delivery on KPIs with Manufacturing Engineering activities completed to agreed plan and Financial KPIs relating to meeting approved spend (CEPs) on assigned projects.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 6 years post qualification experience or an HND with specific manufacturing engineering experience.
- At least 6 years’ experience supporting computer-controlled electrical/electronic equipment.
- Appreciation of Design for manufacture considerations within:
- Printed Circuit Assemblies (Surface Mount and conventional components)
- Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Wire Harness and Loom manufacture.
- Awareness of Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Good team working ability and interpersonal communications skills
- Flexibility to perform multiple roles in a small company environment
- Competent in use of Microsoft Word and Excel
What we offer
We are a friendly team with a family feel, where people support each other, and you will be welcomed with a smile as you move around the site.
Our managers are dedicated to developing and supporting their teams, putting in place personal development plans to help you meet your personal goals. As part of the Atlas Copco Group, you have access to a world of opportunities with our internal development openings and an environment where individuals are empowered to act. Our mission in to be sustainable and profitable, delivering efficient production and reliable products. With a vision to be first in mind, first in choice to our customers.
- Pension with an employer contribution up to 8%
- Annual bonus starting at 7.5%
- Relocation package if applicable
- Flexible working
- Health Cash plan, worth up to £860 per year
- Subsidised canteen
- Cycle to work scheme
- Valued recognition programme, earning gifts, vouchers, and long service awards
- 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Wellbeing programme supporting, physical health, mental wellbeing, social connectedness, and sense of purpose
- Running club
- Fitness app, with stream-able classes
- Free fruit
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.
Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 07:08:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!