Job title: IT Project Manager
Company: Project People
Job description: Role: IT Project Manager
Location: Theale (Hybrid)
We are looking for experienced IT Project Manager to join one of the leading telecommunication clients who can provide professional project management of the IT project portfolio, to deliver assigned initiatives/projects that directly implement or contribute to client’s business objectives.
- In conjunction with the Lead IT Project Manager, to plan IT projects, ensuring resources are aligned and allocated accordingly, identifying any conflicts, risks or issues as appropriate.
- To maintain alignment of the IT Project portfolio and work to ensure the portfolio is delivered to the agreed schedule.
- To produce clear and achievable plans by ensuring the scope, objectives and resourcing requirements have been captured, thus gaining the support and buy in of all key stakeholders.
- To create and maintain project plans against which the project is managed and measured. The ability to revise plans to accommodate changing needs of the business.
- To manage the impact of change within the project and on the project plans in terms of scope, timescales, costs & quality ensuring that the impacts are clearly understood and sanctioned by key stakeholders
- To provide clear and effective project governance by appropriate use of industry standard tools, and mediums such as meetings, one to ones and conference calls to regularly govern the project issues.
- To proactively surface and record all project risks, issues and dependencies, subsequently managing their mitigation and resolutions escalating as required to ensure the project remains on track
- To manage and lead a (Matrix) team for the duration of the project drawn from relevant functions and areas of expertise, its suppliers and shareholders that collectively delivers the project
- To manage all key stakeholders and stakeholder groups who are connected to the delivery of the project to ensure expectations are managed, critical decisions are made, key dependencies and requirements are addressed, and individual project delivery progress is clearly understood
- Report against targeted delivery and maintain tools and systems in line with project delivery plans to demonstrate progress to stakeholders
- To support and contribute actively to health and safety, environmental, business continuity and information security arrangements that meets our obligations to our customers
- Detailed technical knowledge of delivering IT projects
- Matrix management skills for disparate teams.
- Project management experience in delivering full software development life cycle projects in a dynamic environment
- Proven track record in the identification and implementation of process improvements
- Prince II foundation or equivalent qualification/accreditation (nice to have)
- A good relationship builder and ability to build trust through effective management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, Ability to prepare plans and anticipate change.
- Intermediate skills in Excel and MS Project
If this looks interesting, click on APPLY!
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 07:46:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!