Job title: Finance
Job description: Vacancy Title: Finance Officer
Salary: £10 – £11 per hour
Hours of work: 08:30 – 16:00
Are you available for temporary work?
Do you have experience working in finance?
A secondary school in Poulton is looking for a finance assistant to start ASAP till July. They
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly
- recommend a friend’ bonus worth up to £300
- access to Randstad’s benefits package including discounts on holidays and high street stores
- the flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
- Dedicated Consultant
- DBS support
- Pension Scheme
- To oversee the raising of orders and invoices using SIMS.
- To ensure all income and expenditure is coded appropriately on the FMS system.
- To ensure all amounts and VAT on invoices have been calculated correctly.
- To ensure that all payments are entered onto the financial system and correctly recorded against the appropriate budget heading.
- To administer BACS payments and cheque runs.
- To oversee negotiation of rates with suppliers for purchase of goods/services and ensure that all orders are placed with the most competitive supplier.
- To produce a bank reconciliation for some or all balances held by banks on behalf of the school.
- To post cash book journals relating to direct debit payments
- To oversee the administration and banking of all income related to private and charitable funds using the Private Fund Manager system.
- To oversee trips and visits administration, including the ParentPay system.
- Recording and reconciling transactions from the school’s online payment system
- Updating records of donations to school funds
- Ensuring correct use of school debit cards and posting cash book journals
- To oversee input of month end journals e.g. photocopying charges, ICT charges.
- To oversee/prepare monthly departmental capitation statements and alert Business Manager to any potential overspending
- To ensure any returned (bounced) payments from bank are dealt with promptly and tactfully
- To ensure invoices for all amounts due to the school are raised, and correctly received and issue reminders for overdue accounts.
- To ensure staff are booked onto CPD courses and expenditure recorded on the central spreadsheet.
- SIMS experience
- The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- A DBS on the update service would be an advantage
As a LASBM Approved Supplier we are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Lancashire, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, which may be a better match.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education’s child protection and UK eligibility checks
If you have the school administration experience we are looking for and are looking for your next school support role either on a temporary or permanent basis, then please send your CV to [email protected]
Expected salary: £10 – 11 per hour
Location: Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:55:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!