Job title: Experience Concierge Brand Specialist – ‘Head Concierge’ (Trafford)
Job description: Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
As the Head Concierge within our Experience Concierge team, you will provide a bespoke service to our customers by offering the “Gift of Experience”. Our experiences and events are exceptional, and so is the service that accompanies them. As a member of the front of house team, and a subject matter expert of all things Selfridges, you will provide the first opportunity to deliver the “Gift of Experience” to customers visiting the desk. Experiences will be inclusive to all.
As the Head Concierge, you will:
- Positively interact with customers by answering queries and providing guidance on our experiences and services
- Enable customers to choose the most suitable gift option for them, whether that’s a health & beauty experience, a special event for children & families, or a luxury restaurant experience for example. Continue to deliver a unique service by maintaining customer care, e.g. responding to customer enquiries, booking and following up on requests about experiences
- Be responsible for manning the experience desk at all times
- Confidently keep Experience Concierge trackers up to date
- Work confidently and collaboratively with various departments across the wider store, raising awareness of the experiences on offers to help drive sales
- Keep up to date with the various experience as they launch, taking every opportunity to expand your knowledge to share with customers and colleagues
- Be responsible for all administrative tasks within Experience Concierge Team
- Have knowledge of the city and be confident in reaching out to external companies to drive business into store
The Ideal Candidate
How you’ll do it… you will be:
- A great communicator. You will adapt your style and service to suit customer needs and preference. Genuinely connecting with your customers while guiding them on the experiences available and support that best suit their needs.
- Collaborative, you will help to deliver exceptional service to our customers seeking a unique experience.
- Strong teamwork, providing clear and conscious daily handovers
- Extremely organised
- Well informed. You are aware of all store events, experience and gifting that may appeal to every customer.
- A strong administrator. Fully competent using Microsoft Suite with key focus on Excel.
- Known to be a sales and service expert.
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking their Retail Service to the next level. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked…Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Salary Competitive plus benefits
Job Reference selfridges/TP/318308/3233
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 23 July, 2022
Job Category Retail
Location Trafford , United Kingdom
23 June, 2022
Your name (required)
Your email address (required)
Receiver name (required)
Your friend’s email address (required)
This form is protected by Google reCAPTCHA. By using this form you agree to the and .
Spread the word
Jobs in the same category
This website is using cookies to improve your browsing experience. If you navigate to another page without changing the settings below you consent to this.
Location: Trafford, Greater Manchester
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 00:21:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!