Job title: Employment Relations – Case Management Specialist
Job description: Job Advert
Do you have proven ER subject matter expertise? Would you like the opportunity to support the future shape of our evolving Employee Relations service? This is a chance to develop your career and make a positive impact in a business that always puts colleagues at the heart of its strategy!
*Hybrid Working / Company Bonus / 10% Colleague Discount*
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Asda’s Advice & Guidance Service is established already for our Head office functions supporting our managers. Having completed a successful pilot for our retail store network, we will now be extending this service to all Retail Managers across our 600+ store network.
As an ER Case Management Specialist, you will be responsible for providing expert employee relations – advice and guidance to line managers on Asda’s people policies and processes. You will provide effective end to end case management in all employee relation cases supporting the line managers or hearing managers through the process and ensuring we are compliant with policy and GDPR. There will also be opportunities to undertake project work in-line with the requirements of the service.
Some of your key focuses
- Provide coaching and guidance to line managers to enable them to proactively manage ER issues and develop their ER and people management skills within appropriate timescales and mitigating any potential risk to the business
- Undertake appropriate stakeholder management activity in relation to cases you are managing, outlining foreseeable risks, and ensuring effective resolution
- Highlight themes and trends from case management activity, including management capability and policy development areas
- Maintain a high level of accurate and comprehensive records of all ER interaction within the ER case management systems. Producing high quality written work, tailored to audience needs
- Build positive working relationships with policy, legal and other key stakeholder groups
- Maintain personal knowledge of employment legislation and Asda people policies to advise on best practice and procedure and utilising tools and templates to ensure policies are adhered to correctly
- Assist ER advisors in facilitation of training and inductions of new starters into the ER Advice and Guidance team and beyond, working closely to share knowledge and expertise
- CIPD qualified/part qualified (Level 5 and up to 7) or equivalent is desirable but not essential
- An excellent knowledge of current employment legislation UK and Northern Ireland and of applying this in practice whilst adhering to company policy
- Proven ER subject matter expertise evidenced through previous experience of managing and resolving ER cases
- The ability to apply sound judgement and empathy, to determine where there is risk with the commercial acumen to discuss alternative options
- Ability to coach, mentor and where required challenge and influence line managers where necessary to resolve ER cases whilst providing excellent customer service
Work Where it Works
Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to choose where you are the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team.
Some Benefits Include
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension, up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 04:27:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!