Job title: Content Author Creative Req ID: 538
Job description: Content Author
Location: Sea Containers, London
We Are VMLY&R
At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking — harnessing creativity, technology and culture — to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people’s lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
Our people come first, and as well as offering a hybrid working model, we are proud of the culture of inclusivity and creativity we have created in London and across the Globe. Alongside our commitments to DE&I, we are involved in a range of programmes and activities that are designed to support people’s individual development and continually nurture and educate both the team and our clients.
We are the key agency partner for Ford globally in all aspects of digital communications and customer experience (CX), covering multiple owned channels and platforms for Ford in Europe. VMLY&R teams operate in all the major global regions, partnering with Ford teams to deliver against complex, multi-year transformational programmes as Ford evolves its business.
This team are part of WPP|Ford and partner with the Brand Experience team in VMLY&R as well as the Media and PR teams in Mindshare and H&K respectively. This model allows us to focus fully on the needs of Ford, as well as building and leaning on capabilities in VMLY&R across Europe.
This role is a hugely exciting opportunity to join a key part of that transformation. Our Platform team – based in London and serving Ford across Europe – is responsible for the evolution of Ford’s .com offering across Europe (a central site localized for 20+ country’s). Central to the programme is an eCommerce transformation – moving to a world where vehicles will be sold online and transforming Ford into an e-retail business – and we are on a long-term journey with Ford to get there. Alongside this the team oversees key workstreams building out content and experiences for prospective and existing customers, in both the retail and commercial vehicle spaces. Our team brings to Ford expertise in strategy, creative, user experience design, content, and delivery.
The platform team is a blend of Product Managers, Project managers, Experience/Content designers and Business Analysts organized into agile teams alongside Ford Product and Ford technology specialists and works closely with other VMLY&R teams in areas including CRM, Data & Analytics, CX strategy, and mobile. In addition, an offshore hub is responsible for content localization.
Ford is currently undergoing a major overhaul of its websites into a new Global user experience which includes migrating content to a new platform and design interface. This has put digital content high on the agenda and brings with it new opportunities for creating better content and a more unified user experience for which this role plays a key part.
The Content Authors primary role is to ensure consistency, efficiency and transparency across the various Ford departments and partner agencies that plan and implement digital content. You will ensure the content being implemented meets the client business and brand objectives, is of consistently high quality and is relevant and engaging for the consumer.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about content. Someone who knows that providing the right content at the right time to the right user is the key to consumer engagement. Being able to understand business and brand needs is essential; being able to understand user needs and motivations is critical. You will need a positive outlook, a passion for collaboration, and a belief in the power of content to transform and unite the customer experience.
Reporting to and supporting the Senior Content Authors the Content Author will work directly with the core content and project specific team to fully understand (and map content to) global, regional and local consumer journeys, desired messaging, and existing content/ assets. You will collaborate with UX, creative, client services and planning teams to help plan engaging and relevant digital customer journeys.
While there will be regular day-to-day responsibilities and deadlines to meet, there’s also plenty of scope to get involved in other projects of interest and take the initiative in what you want to do.
Internal and external training opportunities exist, and for people who excel in their positions will be considered for promotion. There is plenty of room for development, growth and promotion between you and the Senior Content Author(s) who this role reports into.
The scope of this role covers all of Ford’s European markets, plus regular liaison with the Ford Global team to align and leverage any relevant thinking, learning and output.
- Manage a set of tasks for authoring completion.
- Ensuring support and cover is provided for the global UX team across all authoring and content focused tasks.
- Attend weekly content tracking meetings with the client to discuss web content updates and help manage the creation and deployment of these updates in liaison with the project and account teams.
- Maintain documentation and guidance on content processes and always keep this up to date. Make sure processes are shared and followed by all relevant parties.
- Source assets for use on digital channels. Advise internal teams on content from a strategic perspective.
- Create content mapping and content migration documents using Global guidelines, and interpreting for European markets. Advise local markets on implementation of European recommendations.
- Support the Digital Content Lead on all areas of content strategy work. Undertake
- administration for the team, and co-ordinate with other areas of the business.
You must have gained prior experience in content strategy, digital content production, or website publishing. It is essential that you have previous experience in developing and implementing digital content and is used to working with creative and account teams. The ability to multi-task, self-manage and a have high attention to detail is essential.
- Experience in a content strategy or digital content role
- Experience in UX, HTML and CSS
- Experience in Adobe Experience Manager or similar CMS and managing website content
- Experience in JIRA and/or other tracking tools
- Agency experience preferred
- Automotive experience beneficial
- Excellent oral and literacy skills, Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competent in using all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Works collaboratively – recognises the value and responsibility of working in a team and seeks to maintain and build effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Thinks innovatively – looks beyond the obvious to develop highly engaging ideas and campaigns.
- Works effectively through job and organisational changes.
- Strives to achieve excellence in everything that they do
- Demonstrates ‘passion’ – approaches all tasks in a wholehearted and enthusiastic manner.
- Shows initiative and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Recognises the need for management support when necessary.
- Constantly looks for and learns from new information or experiences.
- Deals constructively with frustration and stress, maintaining a professional and positive manner.
- Is direct and honest in dealing with others.
- Treats all people with respect and fairness.
What’s in it for you?
rom a generous annual leave allowance and pension allowances, you will have access to a whole host of other benefits and activities such as:
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Flexible hybrid-working schedule
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Well-being Programme
- Employee Assistance Support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care and Glasses Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loans
- WPP Discounts
You will also have a clear long-term career development plan and access to our learning and development activities and online learning platforms.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to access our career site as a result of a disability, we will be happy to assist you. Please contact our People Team at [email protected] to request an alternate accommodation. Please note that only requests for an employment application accommodation will be returned.
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 01:25:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!