Job title: Chartered Building Surveyor
Job description: The role
Due to continued growth and new business wins, this Global Construction Consultancy is looking for a Building Surveyor for a job with their dedicated Building Surveying team based in London’s West End.
You will be based in their state of the art London office hub and working as one of 20 surveyors in the Building Surveying team, alongside the company’s project management and cost consultancy teams.
Working collaboratively on a range of projects for a variety of public sector clients, including schools, colleges, local authorities and more, you will be responsible for a mixture of technical survey work including:
Condition reports, defect analysis and PPM, Contract administration and project management of repairs, improvements, refurbishment and fit-out projects across education, commercial, residential and other property types.
You will be largely delivery based to begin with and there is no requirement to pursue new revenue or business streams in your new job, although if it is an area you enjoy or motivates you then there is every opportunity to focus on business development alongside your day to day instructions .
This is an extremely rewarding career opportunity, especially for those looking for the opportunity to explore new areas of specialism, take on additional responsibilities such as leading teams, managing client accounts and building new business streams.
The role is equally rewarding in the scale & variety of work you’ll be involved in, working on a huge range of property sizes, ages, build types and uses, ensuring more varied exposure than most competitors in the market.
- Financial rewards include your basic salary, which depending on level / experience could be between £50,000 and £60,000 per annum. Additional benefits include:
- Private pension of up to 15% (10% employer, 5% employee contribution)
- 25 days of annual leave in addition to 8 bank holidays
- Encouraged flexible working and home working patterns
- Flexible benefits scheme which includes discounts on anything from retailers and restaurants to healthcare, gym memberships and cycle to work schemes.
To be considered for this job you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be a building surveyor with an RICS accredited university degree in Building Surveying or a relevant subject.
- Either a full member of the RICS or working towards your APC.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years of building surveying, and be capable of working independently on a range of instructions and projects.
- You will need to be a detail oriented, articulate professional with strong written and verbal communication.
- Hold a full, valid UK driver’s license
If you’re interested in this job and feel you have the skills to fulfil the position, click “apply” and upload your CV for review. If you’d like to know more about this job before applying, get in touch with James Long on to discuss further.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Expected salary: £50000 – 60000 per year
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 07:45:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!