Job title: Chartered Building Surveyor
Job description: Fed up with feeling like a small cog in a large machine? Would you relish more recognition for a job well done, or more autonomy to work in the way that’s best for you? Are you a recently chartered building surveyor looking to embark on the next stage of your career and pursue realistic progression? My latest role is with an independent building consultancy in Central London that can guarantee all of the above, plus a £55-60k salary and personal bonuses.
This building surveyor job is for an independent multi-disciplinary building consultancy based just 30 seconds from Holborn Underground station. The business has operated for nearly 100 years, remaining independent, agile and reputable through this time which has produced a loyal client base with strong relationships with the business.
As a chartered building surveyor you will be delivery focused with the freedom to build new streams of work which will positively impact your bonus and progression. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Contract administration
- Feasibility Reports
- Party Wall Matters
- Project Management
- Construction Design
- Building Surveys
- Preparation of Specifications and drawings
- Fire Insurance Valuations
- Conservation Work
- Commercial refurbishment projects as well as office and residential conversions
This job comes with a range of rewards and benefits along with an initial annual salary of £55-60k per annum. Chartered building surveyors will benefit from the following:
- Support with professional training and progression
- Leave – 25 days p/a plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible office/home working
- Contributory Pension
- Season ticket travel loan
- Bonus depending on performance of the company and individual
To be considered for this job you’ll need to meet the following set of requirements:
- Full member of the RICS – gaining qualification through the Building Surveying pathway
- A proficient 2D AutoCAD user – Revit and other related design software knowledge would be ideal
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a small professional team
- Great attention to detail, written and verbal communication, time management and lateral thinking
- Drive for progression, further training and education as well as a willingness to support more junior team members
If you’d like to join a well established boutique business that can offer excellent progression, autonomy and flexibility in your day to day work life, then click apply now and upload a recent copy of your CV.
If you’d like to know more about this position prior to your application, please contact James Long on for more information
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Expected salary: £55000 – 60000 per year
Job date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 07:46:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!