Job title: Chartered Building Surveyor – Property Consultancy
Company: Redfish Solutions
Job description: My Client is looking for an experienced Chartered Building Surveyor to join the team in our Wakefield office.
The successful candidate will be providing a high quality service to our clients throughout the North West and immediate surrounding areas, managing and taking a leading role in projects from the earliest planning stages through to completion. A rewarding career awaits a loyal, hard-working and trustworthy individual.
Role: Chartered Building Surveyor
- Effectively interfacing with clients and building business relationships to provide commercial advantage.
- Day to day responsibility within the team for making your own informed decisions.
- Undertaking measured surveys and production of drawings (AutoCAD)
- Preparing and submitting applications for consent to Local Authority planning and building control departments, fire officers, licensing justices, freeholders etc as applicable
- Monitoring the market place in respect of information technology / systems / software, which may be of benefit to the practice, and to advise accordingly.
- Advising clients on schemes and projects, determining requirements including health and safety and the Equality Act.
- Demonstrating first class organisational abilities when prioritising workloads.
- Preparing scheme designs with costings, programme for completion and specification of works.
- Preparation of documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement.
- Carrying out: measured surveys, condition surveys, cost estimates, building surveys, contract administration, project management / co-ordination.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification and MRICS qualified essential
- At least 2 years experience the role involving building surveying / design/ contract procedures
- Party Wall Award experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in the Housing, Public, Health and Education sectors
- Experience of CDM
Skills and Knowledge:
- Constantly portray a professional image to colleagues, clients and other stakeholders in person and in all communications.
- Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to work within project time constraints.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to deal effectively with staff, the client team, contractors etc.
- Good understanding of Construction Contracts; JCT, NEC, PPC
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models.
If you feel that you have the relevant qualifications and skills for this Project Manager position, and you live within commutable distance of Sheffield then please apply now.
redfish solutions promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We embrace differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic. We have an inclusive recruitment philosophy and will endeavour to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Expected salary: £55000 – 65000 per year
Location: Yorkshire & the Humber
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 00:37:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!