Job title: Bioprocess Design Engineer
Job description: Are you looking for a new role as a Bioprocess Design Engineer? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
This position will focus on the design, building, testing, and scale-up of the upstream unit operations centered around animal cell culture and recovery operations. The role will require a strong background in bioreactor design, theory and operation as well as bioprocess equipment and facility design in general.
Initially, this Engineer will assist the design and fabrication of prototypes for testing but with the ultimate goal of scaling up this equipment for our future cost-effective commercial-scale manufacturing facilities.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, with a business that also offers lots of other benefits that will make you feel truly at home whilst at work.
- Work with bioprocess development colleagues to identify and define process and system requirements and translate into detailed equipment specifications
- Design and manage fabrication of the upstream process equipment towards robust and highly-dependable aseptic processing by using the appropriate design standards, level of control and automation
- Design the upstream portion of manufacturing to ensure reliable and safe operation while also producing a high-quality product free of contaminants while also achieving overall operational efficiency
- Generate process and cost models to identify key drivers of cost and efficiency
- Managing relationships while working with strategic partners, engineering firms, equipment vendors and technology partners towards the design, construct and commission Ivy Farm’s manufacturing facilities
- Specify project scope, timelines, resourcing and budget needs
- Develop project capital requirements and objectives through creation of proposals and plans with breakdown structures (WBS)
- Track and complete projects by managing schedules, costs and specifications
- Partner with internal and external teams to solve technical challenges and identify opportunities for process improvement and cost savings
- Some travel may be required to collaborator and manufacturing sites
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Food Science or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of related experience in bioprocess equipment design, modeling, facility design, construction, start up and/or operation
- Demonstrated strong technical background and ability to lead technically driven projects
- Ability to apply biochemical engineering principles and computer-aided methods to equipment design, fabrication, and operation
- Understanding of aseptic techniques and control of microbial contamination
- Knowledge of process and facility design and economics
- Project engineering and management, including direct management of architectural and engineering design firms, equipment vendors and construction contractors
- Ability to partner cross-functionally on proprietary process technologies, while also developing and leveraging successful external contacts and relationships
- Mechanical aptitude and comfortable with working directly on process equipment and control systems
- Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative and creative thinking and willing to challenge established methods and beliefs
- Self-starter with a strong bias for action and ability for problem-solving and trouble-shooting
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 07:55:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!